A favorite Summertime Recipe
Lemon is such a great flavor for spring and summer. There is so much you can do with the flavor, but lemon screams desserts to me. I was invited to participate in a home party for Just Jan’s. One of the offerings was Lemon Curd. I remembered a recipe I had tried for a lemon version of Muddy Buddies, so I knew exactly what I was going to make. I had the opportunity to share them with a group of ladies from KDP, a philanthropic sorority. Thankfully, we were having our yearly luncheon to benefit the local food pantry. I made and brought the snack to share with these wonderful ladies who spend their time volunteering in our community.
Lemon Muddy Buddies
- sauce pan
- paper bag
- air tight container
- 8 cup Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or candy melts
- 1/4 cup Just Jan's lemon curd
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp. lemon oil (or lemon extract)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Combine the Lemon Curd, butter and candy melt in a saucepan and heat over medium heat, stir occasionally until all ingredients melt and combine.
- Watch the mix and make sure the candy melt doesn't burn.
- In a large pan or paper bag, add the cereal and pour the melted mix over the cereal. Stir or shake the bag to incorporate it together. Allow it to cool a bit and add half the powdered sugar. Stir or shake again to coat the cereal. Add the remaining powdered sugar and stir or shake again. Store the finished Muddy Buddies and an airtight container.
The above photo shows a table at the Luncheon with the Muddy Buddies in place and ready for the event to begin.
For more recipes, visit: http://www.justjans.com/blogs/recipes
I was provided Just Jan’s product in order to create a recipe and share it. Thanks to Tryazon for the opportunity.