I received a Flower Loom from Boye while attending the SNAP conference. I wanted to show you how I use the loom to make flowers. It is really addictive. You can make a variety of different flowers choosing to use different yarns, how many different times you wrap around the loom, and how you stitch to finish. The video tutorial shows you how I make one flower version.
The loom comes with three pieces. The loom itself, a needle, and a hook tool.
- Boye Flower Loom Kit (shown above)
- Thicker yarns seem to work best.
- I haven't had good results with cotton yarn.
- Yarn with some stretch works best.
- Thin yarns will need more times around the loom.
- Wrapping three times around the loom creates a full flower.
- Wrapping around more than one peg makes wider petals.