Menu

Try It - Like It - Create it  :: create eat read buy win travel

header photo

Try it - Like it - Create it Disclosure: Some posts are written in exchange for complimentary products or payment in order to share this information along with an honest opinion. Sponsored posts are also shared in order to receive a small amount to help support this site. Please see the Disclosure Policy document for further information. 

Try it - Like it - Create it Privacy Policy: Privacy Policy

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

DIY a Birthday Card

For years I have kept a stash of store-bought cards. Now that I am into making cards, I have enjoyed making quick and easy cards for my daughters to use. I typically don't make them ahead of time but as needed. So that means I am using what I have on hand and making things work. 

Materials:

  • white cardstock
  • cut out images (free from Hungryjpeg)
  • rubber stamp
  • ink pads
  • glue
  • washi tape
  • Wink of Stella pen - clear

Instructions:

I recently found a stack of inks I bought a while back from Martha Stewart, I don't think they even sell them anymore. However, I wanted to use them. I needed to make a Birthday Card and I thought the variation of inks from green to blue would work well. 

 

Trying to organize my supplies, I came across a set of stamps that included this Happy Birthday greeting. I measured the card and figured out how to space the stamp out on the card and stamped the greeting in the colored inks.

After the stamping was done, I felt like I needed to clean up my errors. I used a strip of washi tape along the edge to cover up excess ink. I then cut off the excess white border from the other side.

Finally, I needed to cover up a bit more of stamping errors with these cut-out package images. I had them in my craft area after cutting them out using my ScanNCut.

I arranged the packages to cover up the poor stamping as mentioned above, I used glue dots and a bit of foam tape to add dimension to the smallest package. I stamped a sentiment inside using the darkest blue ink and finished off the front packages by using a bit of Wink of Stella on the ribbons (not shown in the picture).

 

 

Go Back

Comment

Email List

alt

 

search

Archive