Soup can make your dinner quick and easy. Soup all so adds flavor by using one can rather than a ton of additional ingredients. For a light low-cal meal, I used a can of Progresso's Light and Fit Chicken Noodle Soup as the sauce for a baked chicken dinner.
This recipe works well on vacation as well. When we travel, we stay in timeshare condos. There's a full kitchen at our disposal making meals cost effective. We don't like to buy a lot of products that will not get used up and we don't want to pack a ton of spices to take with us and bring home again. Using a can of soup can add all the necessary additional flavor needed with one easy to purchase or pack ingredient.
- 4 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 can of Progresso's Light and Fit Chicken Noodle Soup
Progresso's Light and Fit Chicken Noodle Soup display at Walmart. Couldn't be any easier to find!
The can of Progresso's Light and Fit Chicken Noodle Soup I used.
I baked the chicken in the oven, but it can easily be translated to a slow cooker or pressure cooker for similarly good results, making this recipe so flexible to use.
To make a sauce, I blended the soup first.
Then poured it over frozen chicken breasts.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Remove the foil for the last 10 minutes of baking.
The results are tender and lightly flavored chicken and very kid friendly.
- You can add vegetables to cook with the chicken.
- Serve the finished chicken over rice and add a vegetable or salad for a complete Light and Fit meal.
- Top the chicken with cheese for an additional flavor. (this adds a few more calories)
- Shred the chicken or cut into cubes. Mix it together with the sauce and rice.
This is a sponsored post by Progesso and Walmart. All opinions are my own.