I took Spanish in college, it never stuck. Mainly because of the process, they believed in full immersion and thought we would figure it out from there.
The Pimsleur approach is different. Yes, they start with a conversation and then break it down, explain it, repeat words and build it back up. By the end of the 30 minute session, I understood the entire conversation. Words from college actually started to come back to me.
If the packaging and care taken in presenting the learning method has anything to do similar to the lessons, you are in for a great treat! The packaging is beautiful with great care given to small details. And yes, this attention to detail carries over into the lesson plans.
The Pimsleur approach is a great product. Once Spanish is complete, I would consider starting another language series!
Learn Spanish w/Dr. Pimsleur's Rapid Learning Method, Featured on PBS. Hold Real Conversations! Beginner Spanish to Intermediate Fast! Press Play, Listen, Learn - 30 Lessons/16 Audio CDs
Learn Spanish on the Go with Pimsleur - In Your Car, On the Plane, Anywhere... No Books, No DVDs, No Software Required! Pimsleur Spanish Level 1 is the easiest & fastest course available to start holding Spanish conversations.
• Highly effective, 100% audio-based learning
• Based on Dr. Pimsleur's famous research. Learn the Spanish language simply by listening & speaking
• Perfect for travelers, business executives, students & anyone who wants to hold real conversations
• No reading, writing, memorization, textbooks
• Just 30-minutes/day!
• Easily download onto your mp3 player
• No software (unlike Rosetta Stone & Fluenz) The Pimsleur method is an audio-only approach unlike any other available. Its revolutionary scientific system allows you to lock language material in your brain after just one listen!Takes you from beginner Spanish to a basic intermediate level in thirty, 30-minute Pimsleur Spanish lessons - 16 hours of real-life speaking sessions on 16 Spanish language learning audio CDs.
• Initiate & hold face-to-face conversations
• Handle everyday situations - ask for information, directions, & give basic information about yourself
• Participate in casual conversations
• Avoid basic cultural errors & handle travel requirements
• Establish rapport with strangers in foreign countries
• Begin sounding out words with native-like pronunciation About Dr. Pimsleur: Dr. Paul Pimsleur was a legendary linguist at universities around the world. His world-famous, scientifically-proven Pimsleur method has helped millions of people learn new languages quickly & easily. Featured on PBS - Purchased by the FBI.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.